Top 25 countries Based on Population, Area and Interesting facts
There are a total of many countries in the world, but according to the United Nations there are 195 countries including two observer states Vatican City and Palestine. They are classified according to some categories. Some are categorized on the basis of population, land area, culture, wildlife, etc. These classifications signify the importance of the countries.
List of top 25 countries based on its total land area:
|Rank||Country Name||Total area in km2 (mi2)|
|5||United States||9,525,067 (3,677,649)|
|12||Democratic Republic of the Congo||2,344,858 (905,355)|
|13||Kingdom of Denmark||2,220,093 (857,183)|
|14||Greenland (Denmark)||2,166,086 (836,330)|
|15||Saudi Arabia||2,149,690 (830,000)|
Also Read, 50 Largest Cities in the World 2020
List of top 25 countries based on their population :
Some interesting facts about the top countries in the world
- Africa: Home to The Sahara, the largest desert in the world and The Nile, the longest river in the world.
- North America: Only continent that has every kind of climate.
- Asia: Contains the world’s largest country, Russia, and the most populous country, i.e. China.
- It is the home to Mt. Everest (on the border of Tibet and Nepal), the highest point on earth.
- China: Great Wall of China is the single human-made structure that is visible from space.
- Europe: It is home to the smallest country, i.e. (Vatican City State).
- Australia: Smallest continent on earth with an area spanning 7,687,000 Sq. Km. Australia has vast wildlife and home to unique species of animals including kangaroos “The Great Barrier Reef” is the world’s most extensive coral reef and is located off the coast of Australia.
- Antarctica: It is the third smallest continent on earth (13,209,000 Sq. Km). The lowest point on earth is on Antarctica located 8,327 ft (2,538 m) below sea level.
- There are no countries in Antarctica.
- South America: The most extensive forest area in the world is in South America.
- United States: Mauna Kea in the state of Hawaii is the world’s tallest mountain if measured from where it starts at the bottom of the ocean. The United States holds the world’s most extensive coal supplies.
- Namibia: It was the first country to protect the environment officially.
- Zimbabwe: Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is the largest curtain of falling water.
- Libya: Only country whose flag is entirely one colour, i.e. green.
- Indonesia: Indonesia holds the world’s second-highest level of biodiversity.
- Luxembourg: Luxembourg is one of the smallest countries in the world.
- Iran: Persian has characters that are read from right to left.
- Spain: Spain has many beautiful coasts with a pleasant climate.
We’ve created this content for informational purposes only, and it reflects the views of its respective authors/entities (freelancers/interns) and not those of Winspire Magazine. Winspire Magazine does not endorse or vouch for the accuracy of the information provided in this content. It is the reader’s responsibility to verify and ensure the information is correct and up-to-date. Winspire Magazine disclaims any liability or responsibility for any damages or losses from using this content. Therefore, readers should take all necessary steps to verify the accuracy and reliability of any information presented in this content.