What is Chandrayaan-3? Exploring India’s Moon Mission
India is about to do something amazing! Imagine a big spaceship called Chandrayaan-3, like a super cool rocket. This rocket is going to the Moon, and it’s like an extraordinary robot explorer that will land there.
- Chandrayaan-3 is like a superhero team-up with Chandrayaan-2. They both want to explore the Moon. Chandrayaan-2 had a little problem and couldn’t land perfectly, but it’s still working great and sending us important information from up there.
- Chandrayaan-3 is riding on a colossal GSLV Mark 3, like a big, strong rocket superhero. It’s going to send a Moon lander named Vikram to the Moon. Vikram will be like a car for the Moon, and it will drive around on the Moon’s surface.
- India has done cool Moon missions before. A long time ago, in 2008, India sent Chandrayaan-1 to the Moon, and guess what? It found water on the Moon! That’s like discovering a secret treasure!
- Chandrayaan-3’s big launch happened on July 14, 2023, from Sriharikota. The rocket carried the lander and the rover, and they will land on the Moon in August. They want to explore a special place called the Moon’s South Pole.
- This time, Chandrayaan-3 is extra strong and careful. The lander Vikram is like a space robot, and it’s heavier this time because it carries more fuel to ensure it lands safely on the Moon.
- Chandrayaan-3 is like a heavy backpack for the rocket. It has the lander, rover, and another part called the propulsion module. The rocket will fly to the Moon, and the lander will let the rover explore.
- The rover is called Pragyan, like an intelligent robot car. It runs on sunlight, just like solar panels at home. It has special tools to study the Moon and will drive around for about two weeks, like one day on the Moon.
- Vikram Lander has excellent tools too! One device listens for moonquakes, like when the Moon shakes. Another tool checks how heat moves on the Moon. The third tool studies the air around the Moon, and the fourth one helps us learn how the Moon and Earth pull each other.
- The people who made Chandrayaan-3 are super bright! They planned everything carefully, so the mission could succeed even if something went wrong.
- Only a few countries have sent things to the Moon. The USA, China, the USSR (which isn’t around anymore), and Israel tried. India wants to join this particular group and show the world how incredible its space skills are!
The launch of Chandrayaan-3 is like a super space achievement, and it will make India even more famous for exploring the skies. Get excited because space is full of extraordinary mysteries waiting to be discovered!
We’ve created this content for informational purposes only, and it reflects the views of its respective authors/entities (freelancers/interns) and not those of Winspire Magazine. Winspire Magazine does not endorse or vouch for the accuracy of the information provided in this content. It is the reader’s responsibility to verify and ensure the information is correct and up-to-date. Winspire Magazine disclaims any liability or responsibility for any damages or losses from using this content. Therefore, readers should take all necessary steps to verify the accuracy and reliability of any information presented in this content.