List of Presidents of United States of America [US presidents]
As the Executive head of the government of the United States, POTUS (President of the United States) is arguably the most compelling government official in the world. He is elected to a four-year term through an electoral college system. Following the Twenty-second Amendment adoption in 1951, no president can occupy the office for more than two terms.
- The president acts as the nation’s chief administrator, functioning at once as the commander-in-chief of the military, head of a political party, and the chief executive officer of the federal government.
- The president is concurrently the representative head of state of the nation, a notable figure at global events, ceremonies of historical importance, and an embodiment of the core values of American society.
- In this multifaceted role, duties encompass the power to enact or veto legislation, negotiate & treaties with foreign governments, issue executive orders, and to condone or extend clemency for federal crimes.
There have been 45 presidents till date.
- The youngest president was John F. Kennedy at age 43 while, the oldest being Ronald Reagan at age 69.
- The longest-serving president was Franklin D. Roosevelt, serving four terms, he died shortly into his fourth term in office.
- William Henry Harrison was the shortest-serving president; he died from pneumonia after a month in office.
List of Presidents of United States
|2||1797 -1801||John Adams||Federalist|
|6||1825-1829||John Quincy Adams||Democratic-Republican|
|8||1837 -1841||Martin Van Buren||Democratic|
|9||1841-1841||William Henry Harrison||Whig|
|11||1845-1849||James K. Polk||Democratic|
|16||1861-1865||Abraham Lincoln||Republican & National Union|
|17||1865-1869||Andrew Johnson||National Union|
|18||1869-1877||Ulysses S. Grant||Republican|
|19||1877-1881||Rutherford B. Hayes||Republican|
|20||1881-1881||James A. Garfield||Republican|
|21||1881-1885||Chester A. Arthur||Republican|
|25||1897 – 1901||William McKinley||Republican|
|27||1909-1913||William Howard Taft||Republican|
|29||1921-1923||Warran G. Harding||Republican|
|32||1933-1945||Franklin D. Roosevelt||Democratic|
|33||1945-1953||Harry S. Truman||Democratic|
|34||1953-1961||Dwight D. Eisenhower||Republican|
|35||1961-1963||John F. Kennedy||Democratic|
|36||1963-1969||Lyndon B. Johnson||Democratic|
|41||1989-1993||George H.W. Bush||Republican|
|43||2001-2009||George W. Bush||Republican|
We’ve created this content for informational purposes only, and it reflects the views of its respective authors/entities (freelancers/interns) and not those of Winspire Magazine. Winspire Magazine does not endorse or vouch for the accuracy of the information provided in this content. It is the reader’s responsibility to verify and ensure the information is correct and up-to-date. Winspire Magazine disclaims any liability or responsibility for any damages or losses from using this content. Therefore, readers should take all necessary steps to verify the accuracy and reliability of any information presented in this content.