1. Which state will be setting up the world’s biggest zinc smelter project?
- New Delhi
2. India was ranked at _____ position in the recent Global Hunger Index 2020?
3. Which nation to celebrate its 50 years of Independence on March 26, 2021?
- Sri Lanka
4. Maritime Exercise SLINEX-20 is being currently held between which two nations?
- Japan, India
- India, South Africa
- India, Sri Lanka
- India, USA
5. The Air India bid deadline is expected to get another extension till when?
- December 15th
- December 31st
- November 15th
- November 30th
6. Which state’s Chief Minister launched Mission Shakti for women’s safety?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
7. AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme launched by Agriculture Minister for health services rural areas. Who is the Agriculture Minister of India?
- Prakash Javadekar
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Giriraj Singh
- Dharmendra Pradhan
8. Which nation has been re-elected as the Vice-President of the International Solar Alliance?
9. India’s per capita GDP is expected to slump by how much in 2020, as per latest IMF World Economic Outlook projections?
- 9.8 Percent
- 10.5 Percent
- 11.2 Percent
- 9 Percent
10. Who is the Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry 2020?
- Andrea M. Ghez
- Louise Gluck
- Emmanuelle Charpentier
- Robert B. Wilson
1. Ans: Gujarath
Gujarat govt announces to set up the world’s biggest Zinc Smelter project. Gujarat government has signed a pact with Vedanta Group firm Hindustan Zinc Ltd (HZL) to set up a greenfield zinc smelter in the state.
2. Ans: 94
India has been ranked 94 out of 107 countries in the recent Global Hunger Index 2020. India has been put under the serious hunger category this time. India was ranked 102 in 2019 out of 117 nations.
3. Ans: Bangladesh
The Minister said that a year after Mujibur Rahman’s 100th birth anniversary from 2020 to 2021, Bangladesh would celebrate the golden jubilee of Independence on March 26, 2021.
4. Ans: India, Sri Lanka
Three-day India-Sri Lanka annual maritime exercise SLINEX begins on Monday. This is the eighth edition of the bilateral exercise between the two countries and it will go on till October 21 in the Bay of Bengal.
5. Ans: December 15th
The deadline for the Air India bid is proposed to be extended till December 15, the source told PTI. This would be the fifth extension to the Air India bid deadline with the current one ending on October 30.
6. Ans: Uttar Pradesh
UP CM Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Mission Shakti’ program on October 17, to ensure the safety of women in the state. The Mission was launched on the first day of Navratri and will be implemented for 6 months till the ‘Basant Navratri’, April 2021. While launching the program, the CM stated that from now onwards, there will be a separate room for women complainants in a total of 1535 police stations of the state.
7. Ans: Narendra Singh Tomar
Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Agriculture Minister on October 19, 2020, launched AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR Scheme. It is a unique way to assist cooperatives in creating healthcare infrastructure in India. National Cooperative Development Corporation has created the AYUSMAN SAHAKAR scheme.
8. Ans: France
The launch of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was announced by Mr. Narendra Modi, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, and Mr. Francois Hollande, former Hon’ble President of France on 30th Nov 2015, at the 21st session of the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP-21) in Paris. Recently India and France were re-elected as the president and co-president of the ISA for a term of two years at the virtual meeting of the third ISA assembly.
9. Ans: 9.8 Percent
India’s per capita GDP is expected to slip to 10.5 percent to 1,877 USD in 2020, the lowest in the last four years, as per the latest World Economic Outlook. Going by this projection, India is set to slip below Bangladesh in terms of per capita GDP in 2020.
10. Ans: Emmanuelle Charpentier
The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna for the development of a method for genome editing. French scientist Emmanuelle Charpentier and American Jennifer A. Doudna have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for developing a method of genome editing known as CRISPR.
Get Free “Winspire Digital Worksheets of worth Rs. 129 Value”
Please enter your details to get the monthly E - Booklet + absolutely premium content to expand your horizons.